OT: car tyres

I think that it?s the autoignition point that?s important, not the boiling point. Petrol fizzes and boils off a hot exhaust whereas brake fluid will burst into flame.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Anything else you'd like to make up and get off your chest?

Take back the bit about you being 80. Most have some sense by then.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It is.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

KF him.

Reply to
tabbypurr

Boiling point is a quite different measure to ignition temperature/flash point.

Reply to
2987pl

Multiple reviews for my current car say that variants fitted with a larger low profile tyre suffer much more from road surface noise. However the suspension may also be stiffer on those variants.

Reply to
alan_m

Low profile tyres usually make more noise and offer a harsher ride. Thats without stiffening the rest of the suspension.

Generally you are better off with smaller steel wheels and not so low profile tyres.

Triumph of style over practicality.

Reply to
dennis

I'd guess that is so. My previous version of the same car had 17" wheels, and road noise seemed a lot better. This one has 19" and lower profile tyres. It also has less noise from the engine, etc, which emphasises the road noise more.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes - although they do seem to give pin sharp handling. And more tramlining.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)