OT (but no more than the usual):- streaming hd movies from hudl to tv - wirelessly?

Hudl2 has a mini hdmi port. Market is full of mini HDMI to HDMI leads of various lengths....

Can you do it wirelessly, & if so with what and where from?

Tia

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

A Chromecast is one way, you need a spare HDMI socket on TV (and either an external USB PSU or a spare USB socket on TV to provide power).

You find the video you want to stream in iPlayer/YouTube/BlinkBox/NetFlix etc then tell the app on the tablet to "cast" it to the dongle, what actually happens is the app tells the dongle where to grab it from on the net, so the tablet is not actually doing the streaming.

Works well for me.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Can you do what, exactly??

With an HDMI lead you can display whatever is on your Hudl2 screen on your TV. So presumably your question is "What can I display on the Hudle2?"

Unless, of course, you are asking about a wireless HDMI connection?

In which case you would probably not use HDMI but instead a protocol such as Miracast. This does assume that your TV has WiFi or a USB port which can take a WiFi adapter. Or something such as Chromecast.

So:

what exactly do you want to do?

how modern and what make and model is your TV?

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

There is a wireless HDMI standard using WiFi - Miracast - which quite a few TVs support now. However, if my android tablet is anything to go by, the android implementation is pretty pants.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

/snip>

what exactly do you want to do?

how modern and what make and model is your TV?

/q

As per thread title?

Sony 46" LCD HD, few years old, no WiFi, has got pretty much everything else as std....

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

What wasn't clear was if you wanted to stream to the Hudl2 wirelessly and then use an HDMI cable to the TV.

This is a valid use of a tablet running e.g. XBMC.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Unfortunately, unless hudl is sigificantly different from other Android tablets, some software prevents you doing so. 4OD being one. If we wish to "catch up" with C4, we have to go through the VM crap system. Seems mad.

Reply to
polygonum