OT but diy vitual xp

OK that seemed rather painless, posting this with forte agent running as an xp vm with Mint 17.

Only problem is the full screen window is only occupying 2/3 of the screen.

AJH

Reply to
news

From memory, I think that's just a case of setting the 'autosize' option (advanced graphics properties for the VBox VGA driver - right click desktop > properties > advanced...). If not there, it'll be _somewhere_ in the coniguration options.

Reply to
Johny B Good

I've been running Mint 17 and am currently posting using agent in a VM of XP.

What I cannot seem to do is save the current snapshot so that I can export it and use it on another machine running VM, Anyone know how?

AJH

Reply to
news

You could parse the sensor, and try to get to the FTP driver through the mobile CSS microchip or hack the program, to get to the SSL feed through the 1080p RSS port or calculate the bluetooth RAM bus, that should index the AGP program.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Good morning Dave and thank you for your considered comment.

AJH

Reply to
news

Happy to help :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Seems to me you're doing that the wrong way around.

XP's been end-of-lifed, won't be patched any more, and will thus be getting less secure. You could use Mint to connect to the net, and stick your XP for its few remaining critical functions in a VM.

Or you could upgrade to Win7.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Pretty sure what you need to do is simply revert to snapshot, save machine state and shut the system down

Then simply copy the virtual machine file.

Then set up a new copy of virtualbox and tell it to use the file you copied over.

snip 'i can't answer your question but i'll tell you what you want to do not understanding your set up or reasons one iota' post..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You could download the technical preview version of Win 10 (for free) to see if you application will work on it.

I have been using Win 10 TP for some time with only very minor issues. (the num lock and caps lock lights don't work in the current release)

There are usually some really good bargains when a preview release is first put on general sale (certainly was with W7 and W8 - you could buy copies for about GBP 25)

Reply to
CB

I'm using vmware and I thought as above but it seems to keep the original VM as exported from windows and then stores diffs when I exit using "suspend and quit" so as far as I can tell there is no single image file of the current snapshot.

AJH

Reply to
news

Exactly which VMWare?

But this may help

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

VMware Player.

I may need to upgrade??

AJH

Reply to
news

OK, that's the free one that doesn't have all the bells and whistles. Some of it is deliberately crippled - they give it away, and hope you'll pay to upgrade to get the extra facilities.

Possibly. It's 2 years since I looked at vmware at all, and I'm not up-to-date with their current products.

There's a handy list of all the competitors at

Have a look, and see if anything else would suit you better. VMware were first in the market; others have to try harder to get sales.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris