OT Big increase in solar electricity anticipated

Well over 2kW - say 3kW

and a few hundred watts - say 200W

equals ... 6.666etc%

So 7% approx or 20%.

Take your pick!

And this is available for shorter periods in the winter when demand is higher.

Reply to
george

ICBA to follow your highly speculative calculation; just look at the graphs.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

That's why you have the wood burning stove.

Reply to
Capitol

Nothing speculative about it!They are his words! What's more the figures tie in with long term spot tests I've done.

Look at the graphs again and there are a number of deep troughs aroud weeks 1 to 10 and 42 to 52.

Also look at "Daily Power Variations"

His words:

"The power fluctuates quite a lot with passing clouds, so I took readings at or near each hour over several days, and used the highest figure for each hour."

ie. The best case scenario.

What I'm saying is that Solar works but it is not a magic solution to energy supply problems as the output varies tremendously.

Reply to
george

I've had days when only 0.3 Kwh has been generated. And others of 30Kwh.

Averages don't mean a thing really.

Reply to
harryagain

Drivel. It says "to replace wind turbines"

Reply to
harryagain

Calm down SFB. We'll be exporting wind energy/electricity when available. And importing hydro/electricity when it's not.

Reply to
harryagain

I think the interesting thing is, it comes to England not Scotland even though it's longer.

Reply to
harryagain

The article has been updated. I copied and pasted it word for word.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

More people in England, probably cheaper laying it on the bottom of the sea than across the land, which is used for other purposes.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Must be special copper that allows electrons to flow both ways. It would make it so much easier to wire your house if you didn't have to watch which way round you ran the cable....

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

I can vouch for that. Harry, if you scroll down through the comments on the second page, there's one from two days ago from Insatiableplunderer that draws attention to the same gaffe:

"Ed Davey, the energy secretary, said the deal would give Britain access to Norwegian green hydropower at the flick of a switch, to drive wind turbines in the UK when the wind was not blowing ."

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Well, it shows how brain dead journalists are. And some people here for not realising this.

Reply to
harryagain