OT: Another electrical scam

Leading on from the electro-magnet therapy stuff, we have this:

1) Get a small basin (but large enough to put both feet in).

2) Add some water and enough salt to make it taste salty, not so much water that if you put your feet in, it overflows.

3) Get a car battery, some wire, and a couple of iron nails (prolly a switch, too).

4) Wire the battery from each terminal to a nail, with the switch in the circuit so you can cut the volts. Put each nail in the basin, but well separated (obvs).

5) Invite the mark to put his feet in and turn on the volts.

6) Tell the mark that this is a device to draw the toxins out of his body via the feet. Point out that as the water becomes discoloured, that's the toxins coming out, that there's a fresh, sea-side like odour (that's the purification process), and that his skin starts to feel soft and soap like as a further result of the purification process.

7) See how much you can take off the mark and repeat until rich. Perhaps see if you can sell the process to Gwyneth Paltrow.

8) Make sure the mark doesn't notice that all the above effects will occur even if he puts NO part of his torso into the basin.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Surely people are still told about this kind of thing at schools science. We used to have great fun with electroplating by using different metals for the electrodes of course. I'd have thought this idea might have worked better if each wire was put around each ankle, You would not feel 12 v after all.

Was there not some years back a scam where some bloke made himself an electrostatic device that plugged into the mains so when you ran the electrode over your skin you felt the 50hz tingle? This was supposed to improve skin tone. The device seemed to be just a couple of capacitors and a mains plug and some wire and a probe. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

You joke about how gullible people are, BUT:

GB