OT: another courier to avoid.

DPD, when you get onto sending a parcel have a bizarre list of

I recently bought a portable power pack as a present from Amazon and for so me unexplained reason could not have it delivered to NI. So had it delivere d to my home address, the problems then started as I could not find a singl e courier who did not have batteries on their prohibited list. Unfortunatel y I did not take note of the delivery company before disposing of the wrapp ings. I find it puzzling that batteries can be delivered to my house but I cannot send them elsewhere.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Wire a bulb to it and call it a torch ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yes.

It's shit.

I used them one (had to, by CEO diktat). As soon as there was a problem, they threw their hands up and insisted it wasn't their job to chase the courier and arrange refunds/redelivery. They're just another outfit that sneak themselves between a customer and a provider adding negative value to the process.

It was as a result of my experience, CEO changed diktat to *never* use P2GO.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

All depends on circumstances. Collecting from the local PO sorting office ain't that convenient. Too far to walk to in a reasonable time, no free parking, and hours pretty inconvenient. You'd have thought if people were out (say at work) when the postman tried to deliver they'd have been open at least one evening a week, given the PO is a 24 hour operation. Saturday morning gets very busy.

My nearest Hermes collection point is a five minute walk away.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Blue DPD is a rebranding of Interlink which are now part of DPD. The 'Blud' operation seems to be franchised. I used to get DPD (red) deliveries from the depot at Exeter, always on time, same friendly driver who knew his round and customers. Since this summer they have been from the 'Blue' fleet and come out from Bridgewater. One was several hours late ? drivers fist day, so he said. Next had tracking still showing a van in Bridgewater (around 30 miles away) from 9am until the parcel turned up five minutes after the appointed time slot.

Reply to
DJC

That was an interesting bunch of replies. In this case, I had no choice in the matter since I'd opted for Labtronix's 'free delivery on orders over 70 quid' service. As it happened, it was handed off to UPS and my missus signed for it on the Thursday morning just after 10am.

My thanks to you and Andy, Bill and Jethro for those illuminating replies along with apologies for the delayed response. I've been rather preoccupied with getting to know my 'new toy' (a Siglent SDS1202X-E

200MHz B/W dual channel 'scope), hence my tardy reply. I guess the main difference between P2G and DPD from my perspective was the rather tardy updates to the tracking log on their website.

Normally this would only be of academic interest since once a supplier has *actually* despatched the item(s), it usually arrives within 24 hours (excluding those pesky Bank Holidays and Saturdays and Sundays that normally disrupt the cheapest delivery options - the ones I normally opt for).

The cheapest/free options can often turn up as quickly as a paid for 'Next Day Delivery' but I'm *not* stupid enough (as some folk seem to be) to complain about having to wait another day or three for my parcel to arrive via such free or cheap shipping services with no such next day guarantee. Free/cheap delivery is what it is and you accept pot luck over whether it arrives next day or next week.

Reply to
Johnny B Good