OT : AdTrap

Yes, I think Privoxy is what's underneath the adtrap product. Wonder if I could run that on a raspberry card?

Reply to
Steve Walker

The AdBlock *app* has been thwarted by changes in Android, but the AdBlock *addon* can be installed within firefox on Android without root.

Reply to
Andy Burns

AdAway is worth the trouble. It also blocks the embedded ads within apps.

Reply to
Steve Walker

None of that is for heating. Well, very little. The central heating is oil fired.

Quite.

Reply to
Huge

Don't know, I'd imagine simple ad blockers on browsers would be simpler to configure for the average person. I have an old version for IE which is free and the free one on Firefox and of course they allow selective adverts should the site protect itself from ad blocked users. The wider implications of blocking webcontent from advertisers howeve if adopted very widely could force some sites out of business or force them to charge for services. In my view this would not always be a bad thing.

The number of hours some adicts spend on Facebook is ridiculaus. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff