waste pipe - PVC or ABS?

Looking to get waste pipe and fittings for the bathroom. Using solvent weld. I see there is ABS and PVC stuff. I've no idea what I used last time.

Pros/cons? Which is better? Can on be glued to the other?

Reply to
chris French

In article , chris French writes

I assume you mean muPVC for the latter?

The ABS stuff is general purpose, thin walled and has a surface that is not that pretty when left unpainted.

MuPVC is thicker walled, more rigid and suitable for discharge of very hot water so may be better suited to (but not essential for) kitchen discharge use. It also has a more glossy appearance which IMV looks and sheds dirt better.

Most solvent cement on sale will joint both (check the label to see that both are specified). O/Ds are the same, with the different wall thicknesses resulting in a slightly different I/D.

Reply to
fred