2" abs pipe extenders

I have been trying to find these, but only come up with pvc. I have bought abs from local pool supply houses in the past, but now all they have is pvc. I need a bunch to fix a solar systems. Any leads?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Is this ABS different than the regular ABS pipe and fittings you get from your local plumbing supply store?

I buy ABS pipe and fittings all the time from Ferguson Plumbing which is a local supply house. You may have one near you; or at least a plumbing supply house.

Plumbers have to get their ABS from somewhere. :-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim

These are unusual. Most people just say .......... huh?

Their proper name is pipe extenders, although I have heard them called couplers. They fit inside to inside which is different than most abs pipe. I have only seen them once at one pool supply co. I can get pvc, but not sure if abs and pvc will glue together well. Asked that question, but didn't get an answer yet. I need a couple dozen of them.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

An earlier post reply on this topic mentioned using PVC cement on the PVC part, ABS cement on the ABS part and quickly assembling the two. IIRC after a decade or so of service the joint was functional. Worth a try, no doubt. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Ok Steve, you made me go find out what you have. lol

I put in ABS PIPE EXTENDER in Yahoo and got this;

Plumbing | PVC Pipe and Fittings Pipe Extender Pipe Extender. Available in 1.5" and 2". MSRP: $4.75 Base Price: $3.27 You Save $1.48

And from the picture, you can see the color is not a white PVC, but a more off-white color and probably a ABS material. They have a color picture on the site in the link above. Check them out.

Also might try;

They listed Pipe Extenders and are a pool supply store.

Tim

Reply to
Tim

Thanks so much. I have bookmarked both. When I went to one, it wouldn't load after about five minutes. At the second, I couldn't get a picture of the particular pipe extender.

My solar heater is made up of 2' pieces of a pipe with a bell, glued together. The little pipes come off the side. When one of the joints leaks, you have to cut it and put the extender inside both pieces, because a coupler is only big enough to slide over one portion, with the bell side being too big. I may search out a 2" x 2 1/2 " and see if that is big enough, but that doesn't seal the leak. When the pipe extender is put inside the pipe, it goes in deep enough to get past the original seat of the pipe to bell. Hope that makes sense and explains why I need such a specific item.

They're $9+ PER EACH at the local pool store!

Steve

Reply to
SteveB