OT A definition worth remembering.

Somebody sent me this:-

A definition worth remembering:

There's an annual contest at Bond University, Australia,

calling for the most appropriate definition of a contemporary term.

This year's chosen term was:

"political correctness".

The winning student wrote :

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."

.....The most truthful words ever spoken........

Reply to
harryagain

I have corrected the definition for you:

"Renewable energy is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media."

Reply to
Nightjar

And what do you see as the "piece of shit" in question, Harry?

(BTW, the original meme attributed it to Texas A&M -

correctness/ - and a quick google finds it attributed to at least two other universities)

Reply to
Adrian

Ah. Plaguarism?

Reply to
harryagain

Well the Scots are deriving 30% of their energy needs from it. Every country in the world is pursuing it. The more advanced countries most of all. But our local nitwit Colin Bignel knows better.

Even saudi Arabia is going renewable.

You really are shit-fer-brains aren't you?

Reply to
harryagain

No, just another fabricated meme with no base in reality.

Reply to
Adrian

Only because it gets votes from the people mislead by the media. The only reliable long term solution is nuclear power, which we don't have now because of similarly delusional and illogical thinking decades ago.

Reply to
Nightjar

Only very occasionally though.

At the moment it's 12% wind and under 2% hydro.

Thank $deity for coal or the lights wouldn't be on.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

However, Scotland has been using hydroelectric power for some considerable time - long before the word "Green" came into fashion. Wiki suggest the first one was commissioned in 1927. I can remember WW2 camouflage paint on the power station at the southern end of the Dee stystem in Galloway.

Reply to
charles

A simpler explanation is that you are the delusional one.

Reply to
harryagain

Have you never wondered why you are a lone voice on this newsgroup, which it is evident has many contributors who are both highly educated and from technical backgrounds?

Reply to
Nightjar

Huge

So harry is the current holder of the Dunning-Kruger trophy? Seeded 1, with Woddles at 2?

Reply to
Tim Streater

Interesting article. I particularly liked the "McArthur Wheeler" reference. :-)

Reply to
Johny B Good

A lot of them are old and can't conceive of change in their/their descendents lives. Some are possibliy senile. Also spend too much time on fringe internet websites.

Every government in the world accepts that AGW is happening and is moving to renewables.

Well maybe not North Korea. Do you live here?

Even Bongo Bongo lands are going renewable.

harryagain

Yep, Fits a lot of people here to a Tee.

Reply to
harryagain

On 25/02/2015 10:30, Huge wrote: ...

I didn't know there was a name for it. Now, where did I put that lemon juice?

Reply to
Nightjar

IOW everybody is wrong, except you, despite many of them being much better qualified. Did you not recognise yourself in Huge's link?

Reply to
Nightjar

In message , harryagain writes

Just one.

Reply to
bert

Not for much longer apparently.

Longannet power station faces the threat of closure within a year unless the cost of connecting it to the national grid is reduced, BBC Scotland has learned. First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has accused Prime Minister David Cameron of not doing enough to safeguard the future of the coal-fired plant.

So the SNP is now in favour of fossil fuels and expects the UK to subsidise their use?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog