OT: 1471

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk...

that was the case.

presenting a real number is to sidestep all those who have

non geo number for telemarketers.

called party a chance to start back tracking who called

spoofing the number of the person they called they

bet it to probably fake interest in whatever they are

given short shrift.

targets number?

Did I not hypothesise a reason above? If they did any other local number then you might end up ringing back another innocent bystander. Presenting your own means they know for sure that it exists, and that there is nothing useful you can do with it.

Reply to
John Rumm

Interestingly I my wife had a call asking for me personally and when the chap said he would call back later she did 1471 and got our own number, before this thread I did not believe this was possible.

AJH

Reply to
andrew

I think I shall block our own number, then, in addition to the others.

This is rather akin to setting up the firewall to block incoming connections from IP addresses known to exist inside the firewall!

Reply to
Bob Eager