Optima XM6 Intruder detector

Anyone got a manual for one of these? A google search doesn't fetch up anything other than a board and advice to get a man in.

Ours stopped working during a power cut. Obviously needs a new backup battery but it looks like it has reset to factory defaults. As soon as I turn the power back on it starts the alarm and will not reset.

Reply to
Alan G

On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 17:09:14 +0100, in uk.d-i-y Alan G strung together this:

When the power comes back on to it try typing 0123, this should stop the ringing. Do you know what you're doing with alarms? Re-programming one isn't as easy as you may think.

Reply to
Lurch

Factory default user code is 0123. Eng code is 9999.

If you power up and enter 0123 and it won't stop then its knackered.

Reply to
PJ

Try this site they used to make the Optima XM6 but I think it has been superceded by the G3

can download a PDF file for the G3. I have a XM6 in my house, if the panel has reverted to Factory presets, try 0123 as the code.

HTH

John

Reply to
John

I haven't worked on intruder alarms since 1966 but I spent 25 years commissioning data acquisition and control systems. A manual would do me fine otherwise I'll just take the box out and buy another. It's cheaper than getting a local alarm engineer in to look at it

Reply to
Alan G

Reply to
Alan G

On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 19:07:02 +0100, in uk.d-i-y Alan G strung together this:

Ive got a manual for the Optima, (not G3), It should be the same programming as the XM6. I'll e-mail it if you like?

Reply to
Lurch

Thank you very much. I'll try the code tomorrow. If it doesn't work then it looks like a new system.

Reply to
Alan G

Delighted

oldwibbler(removethisbitinbraces)@ntlworld.com

Reply to
Alan G

I've just had the same problem! Power cut last night seems to hav

rendered the system unresponsive. I'm getting a power on light but n response from key pad or any other light. The power light goes out whe I take out the spur fuse so I assume that the back up battery is dead. can replace that but what about the non responsive keypad - anyone go any ideas pleas

-- Marky

Reply to
Marky