Temperemental electric garage-roller-door

Hi all,

we have a 2-car-width (so large-ish) electric roller door which is about 2 years old and has started playing up recently.

It sometimes wont respond the the button on my reciever - when I come up to the control unit and turn it off and then on again (reset it) it seems to work.

It also has a red puller string which turns it from manual lift to electric lift - it has also worked (more rarely though) when I pull the lever once.

I pulled the cover off the motor and saw the circuit board and there is a flashing standby light. Sometimes it is on and then the door seems to work; other times it is off, wont work and then needs re-initialising.

Could it be the backup battery? The power? Or something more sinister?

(the tracks are very very clean and very straight, I dont think its a resistance issue)

Thanks for any replies.

Reply to
RM1X

It would be SUCH a big help if you'd just take the time to mention the make and model number, eh?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

I am going to guess that it is a open or close position sensor.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Does it only happen with one remote? Are there any other remotes for the door? Try replacing the battery in the remote.

Reply to
meanie

Does it occur in bright sunshine?

Bill

Reply to
Berkshire Bill

You don't seem to understand the difference between an electical or electronic problem and the mechanical release in your door-- so given the limited mechanical/critical thinking skills, better call a repairman.

Edw.

Reply to
Special Ed

I see why you call yourself "special ed". Stop being such a retard, the OP never even suggested that the emergency release problem is associated with the radio control problem. His post points out that he another problem.

Reply to
Rich

Well its not the remote, its a carport for 6 cars, all residents have one and all complain.

Funnily enough in the evenings it seems to work, mornings mostly not.

Can anyone actually give me some advice?

Reply to
RM1X

PS. Im in Australia, so a model probably wont help.

Reply to
RM1X

what brand opener? Get me a email telly at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com best regards Anthony

................................................................ Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at

g.a.miller