opinions on fixing a stainless steel splashback

option 1: drill and screw ply backing board onto wall then glue the stainless steel skin onto the backing board ?

or

option 2: glue the stainless onto the backing board then glue the whole lot to the emulsion painted wall ?

I prefer option one unless someone can assure me that the contact adhesive won't have the paint off the wall. anyone have any experience of the above ?

thanks in advance

Reply to
.

Has it not got two corners cut out of the splashback backing board at the rear ???

Reply to
powerstation

nope, it's a home made jobbie, 6mm WBP ply skinned in .9mm brushed stainless.

Reply to
.