One for the plowperson.

The Natural Philosopher

Haha! You got 'im good there, NP! ;->

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Well quite amusing, but I prefer the Churchill quote (which turns out not to be)

newshound

harry

I think Churchill's quotes are *far* more memorable than Thatcher's. While looking for a good summary I found this one.

?Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth and easy, or that anyone who embarks on the strange voyage can measure the tides and hurricanes he will encounter. The statesman who yields to war fever must realize that once the signal is given, he is no longer the master of policy but the slave of unforeseeable and uncontrollable events.?

Arguably it should be forcibly tatooed, inverted, on the stomach of every UK Prime Minister, and US President.

Reply to
newshound

Elizaneth 1 is repued to have said 'wars are chancy things'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher