On the absolute off chance that someone knows how to achive this...

I have a 3 Mobile PAYG android phone.

After 7 rings it stops ringing and transfers the call to voicemail

I am often 7 rings away from it. I would like to increase the timeout. I spent 2 hours online, and every single suggested method failed

3 Mobile themselves do not publish any information on how to change this most basic and necessary feature.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

All the information I could find suggests that the maximum time you will be allowed is 30 seconds, is your '7 rings' already at that maximum?

Reply to
Chris Green

Not that it answers your question specifically but once upon a time you call them and have them turn voicemail off completely.

Reply to
R D S

ISTR that some 25 years ago I talked to my ohone perovider (Vodafone) and asked them to increase the time before dumping to voicemail. I noadays tend to keep my phone in a belt pounch, so I can usually answer within 3 rings.

Reply to
charles

Is this any use?

It says most providers set a maximum of 30 seconds.

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

Still that way on my orange number that morphed into EE. It rings about

11 times then stops and tells caller the number is unavailable
Reply to
AJH

No. Its one of te many key combinations I tried

even 15 would be better than 7

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

7 rings is a whole lot more than 7 seconds!
Reply to
Chris Green

its 15 seconds. 15 rings would be 30 seconds

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In message <se0tr4$s84$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me, The Natural Philosopher snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid writes

Found on Google, though other versions also there (* signifies # )

Using the keypad on your mobile phone, dial the following sequence:

***61*121**11** (number of seconds: 15,20,25 or 30). Example: To extend the ring time to 30 seconds, dial: **61*121**11*30
Reply to
Bryan Morris

Sometimes its part of the phone itselfs set up there is anitem in I-phones but although most of the time it works, not always, so I can only deduce that the callers have short attention spans. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

"This call is not recognised: Please check the number and dial again"

What to you mean by * signifies # ?

Your information is not self consistent either.

Are there twoor three leading asterisks, and the number of seconds preceded by one or two asterisks?

It doesn't matter - none of them work.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Oops I'm so used to using a hash mark I forgot there is a * button on a phone too

Copied and pasted directly from Google (and there were a few similar instances there)

Reply to
Bryan Morris

*#61# should tell you the current setting; it does on mine.

The code to set it is *61*[dest]*[sec]# where [dest] would need to be the voicemail number.

David Woolley

See Vodafone's website Apparently the string has to be followed with a #

Bryan Morris

In message snipped-for-privacy@this.machine, Bryan Morris snipped-for-privacy@this.machine writes

Don't forget the unclickable part of the URL or use the short version shorturl.at/qANS1

Reply to
Bryan Morris

Try this one which shows up on Three Ireland but I expect their network is essentially the same as UK. The details are slightly different:

--begin quote-- Three_Shane1 3 Moderator ?28-12-2020 12:37 PM Hi Conor, to increase the ring time you can dial **61*08x5xxxxxxx**30# into your phone & call it. You'll need to replace the 'x's with your mobile number so for example, if your number was 0871234567 you'd dial

**61*08751234567**30#.

--end--

I think you might also be able to do it from one of the darker corners of the MyThree menu options on their web interface.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Looking into this further (and see my Vodafone link)

The 121 part of the code is for Vodafone For 02 substitute 901 For EE substitute 222

Reply to
Bryan Morris

In message <1KS+ snipped-for-privacy@this.machine, Bryan Morris snipped-for-privacy@this.machine writes

And for 3 network it's 123