On the 7th day...

Nah, that was a stencil system. Wax coated blanks, typed good and hard with a typewriter which cut through the wax allowing ink to pass through onto the paper. Wrapped round a drum with ink inside and whirl the handle round and round.

The ones I'm thinking of were spirit duplicators.

Skipweasel

Eye Level (Van der Valk)

Reply to
Skipweasel

Number 1 in the charts In last week of September, 1973.

Reply to
Bob Eager

(you can keep your Madeleines :-))

Reply to
John Stumbles

Thanks, Marcel.

Reply to
Skipweasel

I really hope you had to go and look that up.

Reply to
Skipweasel

I stumbled on a site, which of all the most useless irrelevant things, will tell you what was No 1 on your original 0th birthday.

All I can say, if my mother was listening to it as she gave birth, it probably explains everything.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I didn't.

Reply to
John Williamson

A link occasionally used by wedding reception disc jockeys.

For a twist, check what was number one 9 months before....

What *really* got your parents going.

Reply to
John Williamson

I'm afraid I didn't. I was driving off to Essex Uni to start my Master's, stopped for lunch in Sydenham, and just remember that it was the end of the 'top 10' show at 1 p.m. when I finished lunch.

Memory is a strange thing.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Ah, yes, it all comes back to me...

Reply to
djc

I thought it was the games mistress' bicycle saddle..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Or gestetner.

Banda?

Reply to
<me9

Don't

I was putting a new rear subframe on the old mini I'd bought, which was going to give me the freedom of a new life at uni ...

Reply to
geoff

That's them. Always called Bandagraphs when I was a kid, but that may just have been one person in the school.

Reply to
Skipweasel

It would save some mental arithmetic if it also showed what was No 1 nine months earlier.

I'm not saying what I might have popped out to :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

SWMBOs school, infants, has a teacher and two TAs in every class due to the kids who need 1:1 attention.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q