Old style Crabtree MCBs

Does anyone know where I can buy old stlye Crabtree MCBs from? Many wholesalers sell retro MCBs but they look like this

and are no use on a Crabtree CU as the bottom screw is centralised and not offset to the left as the original MCBs were.

I can source second hand of Ebay but would prefer new.

Cheers

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

On Sun, 20 May 2007 18:58:41 GMT, "ARWadsworth" mused:

Have you got a pic of one of the ones you do want? AFAIWA there were the new clip on ones and the old screw on ones. I can't say as I've ever come across one with offset screws.

Reply to
Lurch

I do.

ebay item 270121041797 or if the link works

AFAIWA there were the new clip on ones and the old screw on ones. I can't say as I've

The old ones are offset to the left and the MEM21 were offset to the right. Both are interchangable if there is space to the left of right on the busbar. In this case there is no space.

The clip on ones are now on the third generation AFAIK but all mix and match.

Cheers

Adam

PS And there was the old old Crabtree bakelight stuff which I do not want.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

On Sun, 20 May 2007 19:30:06 GMT, "ARWadsworth" mused:

I see. Never really noticed tbh, but yeah, I can see the offset now.

I've got quite a few SB6000 series MCB's, think they're pretty much all second hand ones. I'll have a look though, might be some new ones.

C50 stuff, got loads of that, RCBO's, MCB's etc... some new, some used.

Reply to
Lurch

I might bid on the one in the link. It says new but looks unused to me.

I once came across a 45A version and yet I am told no such thing has ever existed. The MCB was not made by Crabtree and I sourced this from a second hand Crabtree CU. All the other breakers on the CU were by Crabtree and the

45A MCB was a different colour. Without recording its details I fitted it like a pillock on another CU.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

On Sun, 20 May 2007 19:56:44 GMT, "ARWadsworth" mused:

Are you after these for stock or for a job?

I do things like that, I've slung stuff in the skip that I'vce since been told has been worth a small fortune. Live and learn I suppose.

Reply to
Lurch

Both. There 18 available. For a job this time and some for stock so I do not have the same problem later.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

On Sun, 20 May 2007 20:21:50 GMT, "ARWadsworth" mused:

I see. Feel free to give me a shout in future if you're struggling for MCB's, I've got boxes full of allsorts of MCB's.

Reply to
Lurch