Oil Tempered Hardboard

There used to be a product in the 60s called oil tempered hardboard, It was much harder than ordinary hardboard and was, as the name suggests, waterproof to a certain extent. I have made enquiries with local builders merchants but failed to get any. Does any one know whether it's still made? Tom

Trade name is Masonite. TP list it:
http://www.trademate.co.uk/products/DrilldownProducts.asp?mode=1&Level2=4&Level3=AH&SubDesc=Hardwood

Yes, but it's damned hard to find stockists for. No idea why.
--
Smert' spamionam

Tom wrote:

I bought some recently, Jewsons (Winchester) had it but Sydenhams were half the price. (Unfortunately I changed my mind about using it to skin the gge doors so have 3 sheets surplus)
--
Dave S
(The return email address is a dummy)

BTW - As our local plywood shop suggested, use Versapanel instead (a cement and wood fibre board). Hard on your tools to work it, but it's _very_ weatherproof.
--
Smert' spamionam