Off-white melamine board

Does anyone know where I can get some off-white melamine faced board, something like Contiboard? Beige, ivory, cream, vanilla, eggshell, or other assorted girly names for off-white.
Also, I need some iron-on edging in dark brown (not wood).
Any ideas?
--
Nigel M

Nigel Molesworth wrote:

Can't say I've ever seen any other colour other than white or wood effect?
Have you thought of painting it with eggshell, magnolia? -- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite
Nigel Molesworth wrote:

Yes IME pretty well anywhere that sells contiboard - magnolia I think was the Technical Term?
David
Lobster wrote:

Well he did stipulate "where"? -- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

B&Q... Wickes.... etc etc etc
On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 19:03:57 GMT, Lobster wrote:

Nope, nope and nope.
White or "wood" faced, no other.
--
Nigel M

I had a good search round the local sheds and woodyards and couldn't find off white contiboard.
--
*I like cats, too. Let's exchange recipes.

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Does melamine yellow with age? ;-)
-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

I have DEFINITELY seen this in a creamy (magnolia) colour at my local Been & Queued just last week. My local one is one of the large warehouses in Leeds. Don't know if they'll stock it in the smaller branches though.
HTH
John
Molesworth wrote:

The melamine faced board is Contiplas. Contiboard IIRC was the veneered chipboard.
Nigel Molesworth wrote:

Jewsons.
Erm...
Nigel Molesworth wrote:

Kitchen worktop offcuts are plentiful and come in numerous colours and designs. Whether that would be good for your app I dont know, but sometimes it is.
NT
Nigel Molesworth wrote:

Last time I bought some it was from the Homebase in Rayleigh... but that was some years ago.
--
Cheers,

John.

John Rumm wrote:

I'm sorry, but in all the years that I've know Melamine to be available I have never ever seen it in any other colour but white and wood effect.
You people that have...please go for a colour blindness test. ;-)
p.s I've seen wadrobes made in magnolia melamine.
-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

Well I really hope it exists, otherwise I am shortly to be burried under 2000 floppy discs and five yards of books! (since it is magnolia contiboard supported on magnolia adjustable shelving that currently sits between me and aformentioned detritus over my desk!)

That's nice...
--
Cheers,

John.

Rumm wrote:

A Google search on magnolia melamine chipboard site:.uk gives 78 hits.
On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 11:50:29 GMT, Tony Bryer wrote:

I wonder why I didn't think of that? Thanks.
--
Nigel M