Off-white melamine board

Does anyone know where I can get some off-white melamine faced board, something like Contiboard? Beige, ivory, cream, vanilla, eggshell, or other assorted girly names for off-white.

Also, I need some iron-on edging in dark brown (not wood).

Any ideas?

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

Can't say I've ever seen any other colour other than white or wood effect?

Have you thought of painting it with eggshell, magnolia?

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Yes IME pretty well anywhere that sells contiboard - magnolia I think was the Technical Term?

David

Reply to
Lobster

Well he did stipulate "where"?

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

I have DEFINITELY seen this in a creamy (magnolia) colour at my local Been & Queued just last week. My local one is one of the large warehouses in Leeds. Don't know if they'll stock it in the smaller branches though.

HTH

John

Reply to
John

B&Q... Wickes.... etc etc etc

Reply to
Lobster

I had a good search round the local sheds and woodyards and couldn't find off white contiboard.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Does melamine yellow with age? ;-)

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The melamine faced board is Contiplas. Contiboard IIRC was the veneered chipboard.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Jewsons.

Erm...

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Kitchen worktop offcuts are plentiful and come in numerous colours and designs. Whether that would be good for your app I dont know, but sometimes it is.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Nope, nope and nope.

White or "wood" faced, no other.

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

Last time I bought some it was from the Homebase in Rayleigh... but that was some years ago.

Reply to
John Rumm

I'm sorry, but in all the years that I've know Melamine to be available I have never ever seen it in any other colour but white and wood effect.

You people that have...please go for a colour blindness test. ;-)

p.s I've seen wadrobes made in magnolia melamine.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Well I really hope it exists, otherwise I am shortly to be burried under

2000 floppy discs and five yards of books! (since it is magnolia contiboard supported on magnolia adjustable shelving that currently sits between me and aformentioned detritus over my desk!)

That's nice...

Reply to
John Rumm

A Google search on magnolia melamine chipboard site:.uk gives 78 hits.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

I wonder why I didn't think of that? Thanks.

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth