Name of white powdery cleaner for fabric?

My mother is in a nursing home, and her roommate showed me something that looks like a small grease stain on one of her skirts. She doesn't know what it is but wants to remove it. I recommended taking it to the dry cleaners, but she says she remembers something from years ago that was some sort of spray on white, powdery substance that a person would apply, let set for awhile, then brush it (and the stain) off with a brush. She would like to find that product. Does anyone know the name of this product and where I should look to find some for her?

Thanks, MaryL

Reply to
MaryL

Hi Mary, It's probably a Fuller Brush Company product. I recall my mother having something similar that she'd buy from the salesman when he came around:

Nan

Reply to
Nan

Thanks very much. I'll show that to Doris and order some for her if it's what she wants.

MaryL

Reply to
MaryL

From the description, it sounds like K2R. It went on as a semi-liquid which dried quickly into a powder

Betty A. Lake

Thanks. I googled for it, and that does sound like a possibility. I'll take the information on K2R and also on the Fuller Brush spray that Nan mentioned when I go to the nursing home tomorrow. If either of them sounds like what Doris wants, I'll order one for her.

This also reminds me of a product I had years ago except that it was not liquid. The owner of a furniture store recommended it to me to remove small soiled spots from upholstered furniture. It was a solid bar, a white chalky texture that I rubbed on, let set for a few minutes, then brushed off. She had me buy it at a drug store! It worked great, but I can't remember that name of that product, either.

MaryL

MaryL

Reply to
MaryL

That is the same product I thought about. Debra in VA See my quilts at

Debra