Octopus - won 8+8 points :-)

I've just won twice on their Wheel of Fortune. 8 points on the first spin, 8 more on the second spin. I wonder what the points are worth, or what you need to do with them? You seem to get two free spins, each month, by entering your meter readings, whether or not you have a smart meter.

If anyone wants to move to Octopus, I moved recently and they are spot on - here is a referral link. https://share.octopus.energy/jade-light-417 Use the link, and we each get £50 back, for using it.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

They've 'upgraded' the spins from 'winning' £0 to 8 points. Points are worth 1/8th of a penny each.

Enjoy your winnings ;-)

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Wow, such generosity - better not spend it all at once :-)

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

I hate to tell you this ... :)

1st spin 8 points 2nd spin 800 points

800 points = £1, valid for 3 years.

Reply to
alan_m

Since getting a home battery the saving sessions are a bit of a waste of time for me. Not easy to make my grid consumption less than zero!

Now I just have to work out how to unsubscribe from the sessions and find out when my outgoing meter is going to work again! I can get paid up to £2/kWhr for export I believe with the Givenergy scheme at peak demand times. Needs a working export meter though. (Smart meter changed a week ago so not fully up and running again).

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

The 'power ups' are handy though, if you're in a supported UKPN area (trial in East Anglia and Kent at the moment). Had 4 hours of free electricity this morning. Normally we've been getting 2 hours free in the afternoon,

1-2 days a week, and manage to save about £2.50 per day.

If/when it comes to your area, you can charge the battery during the free period and then you get free power for the capacity of the battery.

Maybe you charge it during a free power up and then sell it back to them in the evening at £2/kWh?

(possibly they aren't the same days, though)

Theo

Reply to
Theo

I've been subscribed and watching it, but the peak rates at 46p per kWh make it useless for me.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

It says I got 800 bonus points, at some time, for simply joining Octopus, which I did 2 - 3 months ago.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

BTW the next saving session is tomorrow 17:30 to 18:30. You have to opt in every time there is a session and 1800 points for every unit of electricity you save (last year it was referenced to an average usage of x previous days during the same time period).

This probably signifies that there will be little wind generation tomorrow :)

Reply to
alan_m

Detailed wind forecasts are available at

for most major sailing clubs. The default forecast is for Maui, you'll need to change that. Or you can select the forecast map which shows you a wind chart.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

FWIW this is not the same as their dynamic priced tariffs like Agile. I'm on a standard single rate tariff, about 28p/kWh, and still get the free power up periods and the saving sessions. That means the evening peak is still 28p/kWh, just occasional random slots are free or cheap.

(the free slots are currently only in postcodes in the trial area, so of limited coverage at present)

If you mean E7 peak rate, have you done the sums for single rate? Unless you have storage heaters, E7 may not make sense any more.

Theo

Reply to
Theo