Any Panasonic Lumix experts out there

I have a Lumix G9. With a 7Artisans 7.5mm lens attached, (giving 15mm equivalent,)and the drive mode dial set at single shot I get a normal wide angle image. With the drive mode dial set at 64/4k ai get a fish eye image . Whatgives ?

Reply to
fred

15mm would normally be (somewhat) fisheye. Perhaps it is doing processing in software to remove the effect on stills, but does not have the CPU grunt to do it real time on video?
Reply to
John Rumm

Are you sure that both modes are set to use the same number of elements on the sensor or that the same picture aspect ratio is set to the same in both cases. There may be different user aspect ratio settings for each mode (3:2, 3:4, 16:9, 1:1)

To achieve some of the aspect ratios the camera may/will not be using all of the elements on the sensor.

Reply to
alan_m

From the manual "[Picture Size] cannot be set when recording is performed with the 6K/4K Photo"

So maybe you have set up a picture (small/medium/size) size or aspect ratio for your single shots and the camera has defaulted to something else for 6k/4k.

Reply to
alan_m