NVR switch

Hi,anyone know where I can purchase a no volt return switch.

cheers

andy.

Reply to
Andy Morrison

Yes (although I assume you mean No Volt Release). Axminster Power Tools Centre sells one

KJD12E240 £17.63 inc.

There is also a Trend one with a 13A plug and socket if you are feeling lazy and don't want to wire it up, but it costs more than twice as much.

Reply to
Andy Hall

CPC do some that are cheaper and do require wiring up. Do a search for "no volt".

Reply to
John Rumm

Sorry for posting this, but what TTH is a No Volt Release switch?

TIA

Dave

Reply to
Dave

It's a stop/start switch for a machine or fixed power tool which releases to off if the power is turned off on the supply side.

A typical application that may be the application here is for a router fitted in a router table. The NVR switch gives single action start and stop, but also drops to the off position when there is no power on its input. Therefore the machine/tool can't start if it is simply plugged in or if the supply is turned off and on. THe green button has to be pressed.

Reply to
Andy Hall

It's a switch which works normally, but if the power supply is cut in any way goes off and stays off until re-set. Normally done with a form of relay or solenoid latch.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)