Nutool NPK 850

This SDS+ drill has an extra SDS+ to ordinary key chuck, the problem I think, is with this in the drill the hammer action does not work, but with an SDS+ drill without the key chuck it does work ?? is this because if the hammer worked with the key chuck it would pound it to bits please help !!!!!!

Rich

Reply to
Rich

A hammer action SDS Drill bit has slots in the barrel which are long enough to allow it to engage with the hammer mechanism and slide in and out of the chuck, so it must be that the barrel on the key chuck doesn't have long enough slots to allow it to go back far enough and engage with the hammer mechanism.

Reply to
BigWallop

Where the chuck engages in the SDS+ chuck of the drill there is a flange on the key chuck which stops it going right back in to the hammer unit so is this because the chuck is wrong or is this how it should be?

Rich

Reply to
Rich

No, it's how it should be. If you used hammer action on the poor little chuck it would last exactly 5 minutes.

Anyone ever tell you you worry too much? ;-)

Reply to
Grunff

Compare the chuck spline with a drill one - you'll find it's shorter to prevent the hammer action working as it's too powerful for a normal masonry drill.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

You can't use the adaptor chuck on hammer action! Surely it tells you that in the instructions? If you want hammer action use SDS bits. The drill is not a lot of use without them.

Reply to
BillR

I did suspect that but just wanted to hear from others experience... P.S. Have not used a percusion drill before and having used this, this afternoon I should of had one years ago, just sails through my concrete block walls in my garage it's great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny that no they have not said so, although I am told that I am VERY fussy and over engineer everything, well I don't have much that breaks !!!!!!!!!!!!!! so not all bad..

Rich

Reply to
Rich

No it does not I have read it twice looking to see if it said somting about it so I thought I would find out by posting here. But did notice this afternoon on the drill there is a symbol of a chuck crossed out with a hammer next to it.

Rich

Reply to
Rich

To anyone without a NuTool SDS they are on sale in Woolies for £29

Reply to
Chris Oates

Almost worth buying to keep the DK 566 clean. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Lol.

Reply to