Safety Glass

Was fitting my new shower enclosure when the inevitable happened: one of the panes slipped a couple of cm and the edge hit the shower tray - and the whole thing exploded into a million pieces...........

I obviously won't be able to anything until Monday, but out of curiosity how do people go about replacing things like that. Will I have to get back to the Shower manufacturer (Coram) for a new pane , or can I order it from my local glazier ? I know it can't be cut, so I guess it will have to be specially ordered. And how much is the stuff anyway (I need 4mm 175x60cm): not cheap probably. All the trim and frame is okay (I've cleaned it out of the glue and glass), so if I do get back to Coram will I be able to just get the pane, or will they try to sell me the pane with framework ?

Ta

Steve

Reply to
Trab Nospmis

Any glazier will be able to supply toughened glass. You tell them the size and they cut it and get it toughened. Even comes with a kitemark. I think I paid about £30 on top of the glass to have

2 patio doors done.
Reply to
Huge

Any _good_ glazier. It's getting increasingly hard to find one, out of that big listing in Yellow Pages. Don't be surprised if the first few calls don't deliver.

Andy Dingley

There's depressing. I went into the glass counter of my local Gibbs & Dandy to talk about shower cubicles (*) which is where I found out about all this.

(* I want to build an entirely glass cubicle in my main bathroom, so I wanted to know about cutting and toughening glass. Provide a drawing and they'll get it all done for you. Impressive.)

Reply to
Huge