Numatic Henry Vacuum Cleaner HVR200/P

Have been looking on the internet to buy a Henry and see that the 200P (200 Plus) is some 20 dearer than the HVR200. Despite extensive Googling however, and a visit to the Numatic site, I'm no wiser about what you get for the extra money. I suspect it's something to do with extra filtering but would be grateful for any enlightenment. With thanks Bill

It simply has the finer version of the filter (forget the technical name) that is good for asthmatics, etc. You can buy that filter separately for about 25 quid if you ever want to 'upgrade'.
ISTR I asked Numatic about this a while ago - or someone here did. I can't remember if it was me - at my age I have a few bad sectors!
--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!
wrote:

(200
get
but

Go for the Dyson with heppa filter. My partner and I used to both suffer from a mild dust alergy. It went when we got a Dyson.
At work we have a Henry vac that the cleaners mainly use and a Dyson. It is amazing what the Dyson will pick up that the Henry mises.
Graham

The Henry 200 Plus has a HEPA filter. And is still about half the price. And reliable.
--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!

Although there is a noticable loss of suction power with the Nenry after a very short amount of use.
Graham

Disagree, its not something we have noticed
--
David

On Sat, 22 May 2004 11:16:41 +0100, Graham Wilson

Give over...
Henry's are better than Dysons. ;-)
Mark S.

I hope so cos on the advice of this newsgroup (and having knackered three ancient vacuum cleaners in six months by doing DIY) I just bought a Henry
When it is in action it has a high pitched whine. Is this a feature or a bug? It works perfectly well
Anna
~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England |""""| ~ Plaster conservation and lime plaster repair / ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc |____| www.kettlenet.co.uk 01359 230642
snipped-for-privacy@kettlenet.co.uk (Anna Kettle) wrote in

It's a contributor to this group, but I'm not naming names.
mike

Hmm, thats not my experience with Henry at all. The only noticable drop-off in suction occurs when the bag is getting very full. Incidentally, I fail to see how even a cyclone cleaner such as a dyson can advertise no loss of suction ever. Surely when the collector is full it is full, and suction _must_ drop off?
Even with a three-quarters full bag my missus managed to suck up one of my thick walking socks with Henry before she noticed what was happening... Also shredded some old voile curtains when they got sucked up by a negligent henry operator....
You sure that henry's filter is properly set up such that the plastic insert is the correct way up and retained by the elastic straps provided? Suction was adversely affected when I forgot to put the insert in there once.
-- Richard Sampson

I would be amazed if this were true, AFAIK nothing sucks like a henry, people tend to look at dysons through rose tinted dyson glasses.
--
David

On Sat, 22 May 2004 12:09:05 +0100, snipped-for-privacy@chaplehouse.demon.co.uk wrote:

.. No it's "Nothing sucks like an Electrolux.."

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl