Noisy combi boiler? (Ideal Logic 24) (2023 Update)

I had one of these boilers fitted today, I am also 68 and got it through a government scheme. It is very noisy, it has the sort of sound my old boile r made when I was running water. It is in a GF utility room with door and t here is a long kitchen between it and where I am sitting with my laptop. I then went up stairs and I could hear it slightly still in the bathroom but thankfully not in my bedroom. I turned my boiler off an hour ago and the no ise continued for at least 15 minutes then suddenly silence. I think that i f I had the TV on or some music I wouldn't notice is but I like sitting in peace and quiet. They are coming to install the installation next week so I will have a word them. I feel like you, my old boiler was not efficient bu t it was quiet unless water was being tun.

Reply to
lizperrott

I know its a long time ago. But have any of thd problem's been sorted. We h ad a logic 24 fitted as our vokera blew up so needed something gitted quick l, without research. It is driving me mad, I cant have the boiler running when im in ghe house because of the same noise described. I has been put i n the same place as our old one which I never heard.

Reply to
hinchyspad

That's really ironic, I've got an Ideal at home and it's used to make a noi se for ages!!!. I was wondering if my system was 'power flushed' before the boiler was fitted, just in case there's some gunk got in it from the pipes - though I suspect that's unlikely.

Sounds like a local heating engineer might be worth a call, those guys are great at fixing niggles like that - I should know as I got STL Heating out to take a look, turns out it was something they were able to fix (I think i t was a part) - but yeah had no probs since. So might be worth getting in t ouch with them.

Reply to
ray.alexander
5 posts today in this group from this spammer for STL - "amazed at how much I'd ended-up saving " "blog that someone made" "rang some local North West based firms"

- I smell a rat.

Reply to
Geo

Bit late I would have thought - the question was over two years ago...

Na I would steer clear of that lot - I have heard one of the owners is a prolific newsgroup spammer.

Reply to
John Rumm

replying to Fredxx, Esther Wood wrote: Hi I just moved in had new boiler last year .the boiler constantly make noise been serviced

Reply to
Esther Wood

How old is this post, anyway, most likely cause is the system is now old full of gunge and probably causing issues. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Wow, you reply to a post 7 years old.

Can I recommend you become versed with usenet. This might assist:

Fredxx
2012, so it's probably already been recycled into some more Lidl, middle isle tat by now.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

replying to Doctor Drivel, Bigman wrote: Ideal are well made good old UK made in Hull

Reply to
Bigman

The only remedy would be to move the boiler.

Reply to
Craig Leman

or soundproof the cupboard. Or fix what's wrong in the boiler. But as the q was asked in 2012, who cares?

Reply to
Animal