Ideal ICOS boiler - noisy startup

When our 3 year old boiler starts up first thing in the morning it makes a loud popping sound. When it was brand new it never used to do this. We had the boiler serviced on Monday and the plumber said that everything was working OK. He was unable to cure the noisy startup and said that this was normal. Has anyone got any idea what is causing the boiler to do this? apparently all settings that control the gas/air mixture etc are factory fixed and cannot be altered. Are there any settings that could be changed to prevent the mini explosion on startup?

Any advice welcome

Glynn

Reply to
glynn

Your meter governor may be sticking. This is the usual problem. Contact Transco and tell them the pressure drop substantially at times. They will come immediately and change it.

Reply to
IMM