EVO or Ideal Icos condensing boiler

I've had a quote for a boiler change which I have accepted, this included a 16KW Ideal Icos condensing boiler. Work started today and sitting in my kitchen, still unboxed, is an EVO H16 boiler. I can find no info about this at all. I am assured that Ideal actually make the EVO boiler and that they are the same.

Plumb center charge about =A3200 less for the EVO.

The plumber is coming back on Thursday to fit it. I have xpressed my concerns to him.

Any comments, adivice, informationn welcome here.=20

Ronz

Reply to
ron

Evo boilers are shown in the SEDBUK boiler database as being made by Ideal.

Ideal Boilers Evo HE 16 HE16 Gas-fired wall-hung balanced flue condensing boiler Production dates 2003 - (current model) Rated output 8.8 - 14.6kW SEDBUK certified seasonal efficiency: 90.4% Manufacturer: Ideal Boilers PO Box 103 National Avenue Kingston Upon Hull East Yorkshire HU5 4JN

01482 492251

Data extracted from SEDBUK database issue 107 (29/07/2005) using QSEDBUK 1.10 Program copyright 2001,2005 Survey Design Associates Ltd UK

Tony Bryer

It is an Ideal. I believe it is equivalent to an Icos HE15. Both are rated to 14.6kW. I don't know if there are any differences between the models, or if it is just purely a badge change.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle