Looking for white louvre doors

Can anyone on this newsgroup help me. I am looking for a source of ready painted white louvre doors. I knwo you can plain wood ones everywhere but I dont fancy the prospect of painting them.

Any hel appreciated.

Martin

!^NavFont02F00B30007MGHHGB44719

Reply to
Freefall

Paintbrush,Tin of white gloss and £20.

Reply to
ben

everywhere

Failing that, look around for someplace that could spray paint them for you.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

I asked the very same question here about a year ago; someone reckoned you could buy them ready primed, but despite looking everywhere, I couldn't find any, and ended up wielding a paintbrush.

One tip though: a lot of louvre doors these days are I think machined out of solid panels, rather than being made with individual slats; the solid versions are easier to paint as one side of the door is almost flat, and there's considerably less surface area to paint (and no gaps for paint to run through.

Depends whether you need the gaps for ventilation etc though I suppose.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Thanks all for the replies - maybe spray painting is my only option

!^NavFont02F00370007MGHHG389446

Reply to
Freefall

Wonder if it's worth asking "the professionals" for a quote? For example a car body shop? They could probably knock a few doors off in an hour or two, and would make a proper job of it.

A long time ago I decided to paint some louvre doors, and regretted it soon after I started: the surface area is massive, the numbers of corners, joins and crannies is far greater than I'd expected, and of course the runs in the paint, even after great care, were intolerable!

John

Reply to
John

I think they'll probably laugh at you and tell you where to go.

p.s this isn't a perfect world.

Reply to
ben

That was my thought with 7 doors to paint - but as the other guy poster says - car sprayers probably haventthe time or would charge the earth. Trust "she who must be obeyed" to want white doors when they are no longer popular!

Martin

!^NavFont02F00BD0007MGHHGBEA554

Reply to
Freefall