Nifty DIY tool / gadget gift ideas

We seem to have reached that time of year. Any suggestions for good DIY themed gifts?

Reply to
John Rumm

This is actually not that bad an idea. Most profile gauges don't have the width and depth to go round a toilet, say. So, even if you have a 'proper' one, this is a useful addition to the toolset.

I've just been fitting some flooring, and I take my hat off to people who do this for a living!

Reply to
GB

I've been pretty impressed by the Parkside tools from Lidl. I have several of their small sets (the latest a mini ratchet wrench with some

1/4 drive sockets and a few hex torx, screwdrivers, and "alan key" bits, the whole thing pocketable). I see no reason to suppose their larger ones should not be OK.
Reply to
newshound

A generator or large power bank?

For people in Scotland, a set of smoke/heat/CO alarms for the new regulations.

A USB endoscope, as face-to-face GP appointments still seem hard to get.

I put my christmas lights up with my new staplegun (Aldi special) the other day.

Owain

Reply to
Owain Lastname

Owain Lastname laid this down on his screen :

..and a DIY surgery kit to go with it?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Not sure my arms are long enough to use it

Owain

Reply to
Owain Lastname

a hardy one for the stockings of spouses/partners so they can produce as need arises?

(I cannot vouch for the quality of that item; and many others are available)

Reply to
Robin

Curved spirit level for undulating ground ? :-)

Reply to
Andrew

Something to shove up Nicola's arse .

See above.

Reply to
Andrew

cheap and nasty tools ...the giver won't get complaints from the giftee the giftee won't complain when they fall apart and the manufacturer knows that...everybody happy

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

First aid kit? Panic button? grin. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Leatherman or decent quality clone. Brilliant as an emergency toolkit.

Reply to
wasbit

A few years back, my daughters bought me one of those miniature battery screw drivers - the Wow Stick.

I have some dexterity issues after a stroke in 2006 and my fingers tire very easily ( sounds silly until you experience it - even writing is a problem). The Wow Stick is ideal for small electronic items etc - it uses the small bits which are easily available.

Reply to
Brian

I bought one of the rechargeable Dremel clones. For about £15, including various accessories, it has proved excellent.

Likewise, I?ve bought some power tools from Aldi and found them more than adequate.

Reply to
Brian

Yes, bought one of those for my son last year.

Reply to
Bob Eager

oscillating multi tool so many people dont know how useful they are

Reply to
George Miles

Years ago I had a Ryobi cordless Dremel clone. Which was absolutely perfect for me. Never been able to find a decent replacement that was so nice to use. I've bought a couple since - but either too big or too small for comfortable use.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Another +1 for the Lidl one. I use that more than my mains ones, now. Grab one next time they appear!

Reply to
newshound

+1. I'm surprised that more people don't seem to go for the Crunch. (Overcentre toggle pliers, like a Mole: very useful).
Reply to
newshound