New Years NOT resolution

This year, like last year and many earlier ones, I won't be writing the *year* into the date section of about a dozen or so cheques in case I write the previous year in error.

The last cheque I wrote was October 2016 and that was after a big gap. I only wrote that one to pay the lightweight hire company chap who collected a ladder that I had hired for a few days.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

Cheques - can't remember the last time I wrote one of those.

Reply to
Richard

Do not forget to change the animal to Tiger on the year bit if ordering a Chinese and paying with a cheque.

I disgraced myself a few years ago by putting the date as Snake when it should have been Dragon.

Reply to
ARW

Andrew snipped-for-privacy@mybtinternet.com wrote

I haven't written a cheque in well over a decade now and that was the most recent in decades. I used to keep a single blank cheque in the wallet in case I needed one. I did when I replaced the pads in my swamp cooler and the dinosaur seller could only take cash or a cheque, no cards of any kind.

The cheque was pretty battered having been in the wallet for about 20 years, and the seller was a bit dubious about it, but it worked fine.

I can pay anyone with a mobile number.

Reply to
John

I write one once a year for the farmer that runs the static van site as he doesn't do paperwork and doesn't have a computer.....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Which isn't the same as "I can pay anyone with a mobile number." and explains Fredxx's response.

Reply to
Richard

I have to use cheques quite a bit since banks are now a camel ride away, if I want hard cash. I do however have to get them written and I suspect accidents with the date are bound to happen.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

So how are you going to pay me (for example)?

Reply to
Chris Green

I thought that blind people had a special guide device that helps them write things in the right place.

Reply to
Max Demian

He might prefer cash though if the nearest bank needs a 20+ mile round trip.

Reply to
Andrew

You stuck one of these on the cheque ?, or is that what came with noodles ?

"Water dragons need large enclosures ". Taiwan should do nicely.

Reply to
Andrew

Ideally that is how contactless could be of great assistance to blind people, but only if the reader also spoke the amount being taken, so you know for certain that they didn't just put £100 into the amount payable.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

I just do it and your mobile gets a link by SMS which tells you how to get the money.

Reply to
John