New TV Moderately OT:-)

I don't like it at all - makes everything look like (what i'd imagine to be) a made for TV soap, shot with a mobile phone - albeit one capable of very sharp high res video.

Reply to
RJH

Yes - that's what I ended up with. But since all the wiring etc was present for analogue, simply extra expense and more junk to find a home for. How much would it cost the maker of an already expensive set to provide both Toslink and analogue? After all it had to be converted from digital to analogue for the speakers and headphone amps.

Do all Hi-Fi systems these days have Toslink inputs?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Not all of them. Cyrus still sell expensive amps that are analogue only.

Most mini and midi hifi systems usually do though.

Annoying lip-sync issues are more of a problem with certain comninations of TV and audio.

Reply to
Andrew

If that suits, you might as well just use a sound bar. ;-)

Not on any TV I've ever had. They all include audio delay circuits for their own speakers. And apply that to any audio output.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

even my cheap £80 sound bar has an option where you can tweek or set a delay, haven't needed to use it as yet.

Reply to
whisky-dave

My TV has the option to adjust sync. And on inputs too. But haven't needed it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Did it again today. Stuck on Radio 4 with a window in the middle saying "Audio Only". No response to any button on the remote, not even Power. Had to cycle mains power to get it back. Did a retune while I was about it, it probably needed one anyway.

Still can't find a way to change the background on the EPG grid. It's mid grey, with white text on top. The program info. block has light grey with white text. And the helpline costs 10p/ min., it says. I thought they were all supposed to be free once you had bought the device?

Reply to
Davey