New tripe, different site

Following on from John Rumm's earier post about tripe I have found

Reply to
ARWadsworth

one or more people are injecting rubbish like this into various sites as part of a cunning plan to further restrict or to ban DIY work? They can then point DCLG to the sites in the on-going evaluation of Part P and say "look what happens if you leave people free to DIY - even the best intentioned can be led astray".

(I know am paranoid. But I still don't know if I am paranoid enough.)

Reply to
Robin

What's wrong with it? I didn't read in detail, but it seemed to be plausible to me.

(For the avoidance of doubt: That is an assertion that it is the dangerous sort of rubbish which is superficially correct; it is not assertion that it is not tripe.)

Reply to
Martin Bonner

What's wrong with it? I didn't read in detail, but it seemed to be plausible to me.

The first sentence was enough for me

"An FCU is a socket with an integral fuse used for connecting high-wattage appliances, such as cookers, extractor fans, central heating timers and heaters, to a circuit."

Is a socket?

Connect a cooker using an FCU ?

Since when have extractor fans and central heating timers been high wattage?

Regards

Reply to
TMC