New gullys - piccies

Links are all pictures of 2 rainwater gullies I made this weekend:

There's a 4" concrete pad under both (that was Saturday's work). Brickwork was Sunday - including showing the kids how to mix and lay and letting them have a go.

I did tell them I was doing it wrong - I mortar and point in one go, which makes a mess off herringbone pattern bricks like I have. So I wait an hour and gently hose off the brick face with a very light spray. This erodes the joints a little but seems to leave a reasonable result. I cannot do pointing so I do not bother trying...

But my brickwork will never fall to bits so it's good where it counts :)

Now to order the gutters...

Reply to
Tim Watts

I'm not sure I have ever seen a U-bend in a rain water gully before.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Pretty essential if on a shared foul/surface sewer connection!

Reply to
John Rumm

On Monday 29 April 2013 15:27 Jonathan wrote in uk.d-i-y:

You should have if it's connected to a sewer! (Mine are)

Reply to
Tim Watts