New Dishwasher advice?

Miele.

Any model. It depends on features that you want, extended warranty and what you want to pay.

Bosch could be a second choice.

I wouldn't bother with anything else.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Bosch - 2 yr guarentee. Expensive, but not as expensive as Miele

Not Indesit, had 2 breakdowns, second one just outside first year.

Reply to
MiniEmma

Bosch dishwashers are not good in my opinion they also make for Hotpoint, difficult and expensive to repair and nothing special for the money.

Peter

Reply to
Peter

We have had a Whirlpool for the last 11 years which has always been flawless. Gets constant use (at least once per day). Having said that they may be rubbish these days since we bought ours a long time ago!

Reply to
John Rumm

Base decision on convenience of baskets. All other features much the same. (except the miele fans who will claim different)

Reply to
John

Have had a Bosch for a couple of years now - very happy with it.

Previously had a Zanussi, which broke down every 6 months after the 1 year guarantee ran out.

Murdo

Reply to
Murdo

- 10 year warranty on some machines?

- cutlery tray in the top of the machine - making more space below and cleaning the cutlery better?

- quietest machines on the market?

These were just three Miele benefits that I could think of immediately.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Is that optional? We always fill the top before the bottom and have the cutlery below.

What I would pay extra for is a top basket with no flappy bits, slopes, spikes etc. Just a flat, closely wired surface so we can get as many cups/glasses jammed in as possible.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Odd. I've always bought Merloni (Indesit/Ariston) as I've found that they cleaned vastly better than the Candy/Bosch/Whirlpool ones I've used before. I'm on my third now (and no, they didn't all break down!).

The first one did have a failed door lock which led to some cosmetic damage to the door (crowbars not being the most sensitive of implements). However, it did look ancient and came with the house. However, it was so excellent as washing that I bought an Indesit replacement (original was Ariston).

The one in the new house is Ariston again, but even shares a model number with the Indesit equivalent, let alone the machine being identical as well. No problems at all. Excellent drying as well as washing, except with those unbelievably cheap Ikea glasses, which etch after a while with the cheap tablets we use.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

It's a thin tray right in the very top of the machine. So you can lay all the cutlery and even cooking spoons up there and have the two baskets below clear.

Some Miele models have a choice of detachable inserts (flappy bits) that you can swap out, move around or remove completely if you want. There is also an option to just run a load in half of the machine with less water and energy and one spray bar turned off.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Our Zanussi broke after 3 years - stopped emptying. Decided to go with a Miele, which has a free 5 year guarantee (claim form on their website). A bit more expensive than some others, but it seems to be a quality machine. Got it from Biasco on the web, who were a lot cheaper than elsewhere, and were very helpful.

Peter.

Reply to
Snowman

Any views on AEG?

John Lewis (our kitchen supplier) wish us to use AEG dish washer and washer drier. We can't think of any reason not to do so (yet)!

Rgds Richard

Reply to
Richard Savage

AEG is part of the Zanusi group the washer will be made in italy by zanusi, the zanusi version is cheaper !

Peter

Reply to
Peter

We have an AEG 50705i dishwasher for the last 3 years. It's extremely quiet and we have not had any problems with it at all, so far...

Neil

Reply to
Neil Jones

In message , Neil Jones writes

Ditto, we bought an AEG a few years back - partly because the local shop had it on end of line and reduced.

Very pleased with it, quiet, washes well, reliable so far

Reply to
chris French

In message , Peter writes

Just because a brand is owned by another company doesn't necessarily mean (though it might) that the products are the same.

Reply to
chris French

Yes AEG dishwashers (made in Germany) are very good

Peter

Reply to
Peter

Well I KNOW that they are, no AEG washer drier is made in Germany anymore just clever marketing under the lid they are the same.

Peter

Reply to
Peter

This thread is about dishwashers though. Mine says 'Made in Germany' on it, for what it's worth.

Reply to
Neil Jones