Need small amount of heavy duty reflective foil.

I've got a mobile, old style electric towel rail on a plywood board. I (almost) forget the original purpose but I think it might come in useful this winter.

The plywood board is faced with cooking foil which is useful but very easily damaged due to it's thinness. Can anyone please recommend a source for heavy duty foil, where I don't have to buy a big roll? The area I need to cover is only 1Metre x1Metre.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

Thanks, I'll look out for some of that. Cooking foil, even when pasted on carefully tends to damage easily, so anything sturdier would be better for the job.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

You might be better off looking for 0.5mm thick aluminium sheet which is available in such sizes for a fairly reasonable price. eg.

Any thinner and it gets more expensive and harder to find larger sizes. Or you have to buy a big roll of it.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Maybe you need some of that stuff those thermal silver blankets are made from? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

It was of course invented as a bum warmer, simply sit astride it for that warm glowing feeling? or perhaps not. So if you can't remember what it was for, what is it for now? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Peter Parry

Retail supermarket cooking foil is very thin compared to catering grade stuff. Though I suspect that wouldn't be really strong enough either. As others have said look at the reflective things sold to go behind radiators or maybe opened out metalised film crisp multipacks.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

How about sandwiching the foil between two pieces of ply?

Reply to
charles

'heavy duty foil' tends to become 'sheet metal' fairly quickly...

There is the adhesive tape used with celotex insulation to make the joints air and moisture tight...

The Natural Philosopher

2L2 do you?
Reply to
Jim GM4 DHJ ...

got a small roll in the hut...I think

Reply to
Jim GM4 DHJ ...

Thanks a lot for all the useful suggestions. I'll check each of them out and I'm sure one of them will do the trick.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

£19 might be reasonable but plus £49 delivery !
Reply to
Mike Clarke

Ouch! You need to find a local sheet metal stockist and hope for a right sized offcut.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Not sure what constitutes "heavy duty foil" but maybe scrounge some pir insulation board & peel the foil(s) off that?

Reply to
Jimk

Or simply some of that silvery reflective stuff sold purposely for you to put behind radiators....

Reply to
Jimk

If not I'm sure "Andrew" will be along in a couple of days to wrap things up :-)

Reply to
Jimk