Need a chimney

I have an external structure I?m using to House my smoker. The roof is 20mm plywood (shed felt on outside) ... I really need to put in a chimney to allow free flow out of smoke ... a 2? pipe would be e nough ... though could be bigger, don?t really want bigger than 4 ?. Needs to able to let smoke out and stop rain coming in ....

Anybody think of a fitting that I can use ... simple flange fitting would b e ideal ....

Reply to
Osprey

How hot is the smoke likely to be?

If you are cool/cold smoking then you might get away with drainpipe or soil pipe.

Or find someone who still has old iron drain pipes.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

If it is warmer you need something like this

To keep rain out, probably best to fabricate a little "roof" something like a traditional chimney cowl. Or just bend hose to face downwards?

50 mm sounds a bit small to me.
Reply to
newshound

Might be something suitable in the galvanised air duct suppliers.

Tim Lamb

Out of interest, does a chimney work at all with cold smoke? I thought it needs hot smoke to rise inside the chimney?

If the chimney is not going to draw, the OP might as well just make a vent in the wall or leave the door open.

Reply to
GB

Cold smoke is still warmish in the sense of not cold and rises slowly, it just isn't warm enough to cook whatever is being smoked.

3" mild steel pipe with an old bean can on top cross wise would get my vote (assuming function is more important than form).
Reply to
Martin Brown

or perhaps correct term is need a flue

Reply to