Nails for air nailer - sources?

Axminster sell a 13g masonry nailer and sell 13g masonry nails for this. Is it possible to stick nails in this nailer for use in fixing wood to wood and if so, does any place sell 13g wood nails?
TIA

Try www.topgun.co.uk
Give them a call. I fthey don't have, they will be able to get them almost certainly.
Expect to buy 1000 though.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

I called and the chap I spoke to said there were many variations on the 13g nail or nailer, so it would not be worth it.
That said, am I right in thinking I could just use masonry nails in wood?
TIA

I don't know. Generally they aren't very sharp so might make a mess.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Good question, I'm thinking of getting said nailer and would like to know. I suspect it takes standard "T" nails, as per the Screwfix catalogue. Maybe also "maxi-brads", as these all _seem_ compatible with each other.
Does anyone know is there are generic standards for air nailer nails?
--
Steve

On Thu, 6 May 2004 20:59:05 +0100, Steven Briggs

Generally there are - 22ga, 18, 16, 15. In various lengths.
There are others used in framing and roofing nailers.
This should apply to anything based on U.S. designs.
One good source of information is www.senco.com - they also make among the best nailers, along with Porter Cable.
For a UK supplier, I have used Top Gun in Blackpool quite a bit. They are very good at sourcing even quite obscure nails.
For example, I recently needed a quantity of stainless steel full round head nails in 50mm for my framing nailer. It wasn't a stock item, but they sourced them in a couple of days.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Well, I just bought one of those AWMN's. What a beast. I've just banged a load of 50mm masonry nails into wood (and my garage floor in a couple of trys). By default it drives them about 2mm below the surface, and the firing pin is a fairly large rectangular affair (~6.5 x 2.5mm), which makes quite a size recess in the wood. However by adjusting the nose cover plate down a tad, I got it driving the nails flush or just below the surface. There's no splintering or splitting.
So I'll be using on the shed build a few weeks time.
Then I might sell it on.
As to other nails, I found a huge list at <http://www.tooled-up.com/MicroCategory.asp?CID '&SCID10&MCID12>
The 13ga equates (I think) to 2.2mm gauge listed on page 3 of that list. All by "Ace & K", who I'd never heard of but seem to be into air nailers big time.
If anyone knows of their web site (if they have one), where is it cos I can't find it.
Cheers
--
Steve