Mysterious taps - how to take them off???

Unscrewing the tap cover, I was expecting to see a screw there isn't one.

Please see this website where I've put a picture up, of teh tap without the cover on.

Yitzak

better.

Reply to
Stuart Weir

could try two small screwdrivers held firm and parallel in the slots by mole grips or pliers, while a second person applies an adjustable spanner and turns the screwdrivers anti-clockwise. If that doesn't work and the screwdrivers slip or bend then you could try using a larger stronger flat blade screwdriver with the centre of the blade cut or filed out so that it sits on either side of the stud with the blade in the slots.

Reply to
DIY

It's hard to tell with it being out of focus, but could it have a circlip on there ?

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Sorry best my camera could do.

Its four slots in the shape of Cross around the stud. Isn't there a tool for this?

thanks

Reply to
Yitzak

Hi just updated the picture.

It looks as if you can just keep turning it until it comes off - this doesn't work..

ta

Reply to
Yitzak

Do you know anybody with a security bit set like this

? The bit second from the top right might do it, there are two other sizes in the kit aswell. If you post the area you live somebody on here might 'pop round' and let you use theirs!

HTH

John

Reply to
John

Reply to
John Stumbles

It requires a bifurcated screwdriver. Grab an old, wide screwdriver, & file/saw the middle out of the blade to clear the screw thread. Then unscrew & remove tap in usual manner.

But try undoing it with good snipe nosed pliers first - that often works. Or if you have circlip pliers, try to engage the nose of the pliers onto the slots & turn (not good for the pliers, though)

Reply to
Duracell Bunny

Really? wow, I wonder how bad the first one was.

Reply to
ThePunisher

Use the Macro focus function on your Canon PowerShot A70, before taking the shot. It's probably the button at bottom right, with a picture of what looks like a tulip by it.

Matty F

I'll get some snipe nosed pliers and give it a go. Don't facing trying to cut into the metal of an old screw driver to make into a "bifurcated" - btw I love that term :-)

Thanks

Reply to
Yitzak

file?

Thats a neat trick. Pls tell

Reply to
Yitzak

Probably easier than I managed it, which was to save locally, then right click on the jpg, file properties, "Summary" tab, hit "advanced".

It's all embedded within the file.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

Your camera writes the information into the JPEG file, so it records the aperture, exposure value, camera type, focal length and some other stuff.

We'll be spending money on your credit cards later today.

Reply to
Steve Firth

BTW, it's possible to tell that your camera clock is set incorrectly.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I'm not absolutely certain that's the right name for them, but you obviously got the drift of what I meant :)

Reply to
Duracell Bunny