Mutiple Bathroom Appliances

Hi All,

I have a heated towel rail in the bathroom that runs into a flex outlet which is connected to a switch outside the bathroom door. I now need to add a bathroom fan heater on the same wall. Can I simply wire the heater into the same flex outlet as the towel rail?

Many thanks,

Ig

Reply to
Igwiz

No. Both devices should have their own switched and fused connection unit. You will also need to ensure that a suitable circuit is available to connect into. A heated towel rail is usually around 700W, whilst a fan heater will probably be 2kW, so it isn't a foregone conclusion that the same circuit is suitable. You need to be sure that the circuit you intend to use has sufficient diversity to allow you to use it. What does the intended circuit also power currently? Is it a radial or ring? What is it fused at?

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Mmmm. Thanks for the info. Not sure of the current set-up. I assume it is on the ring. Easiest way to tell?

Reply to
Igwiz

Pull the breaker and see if it stops working.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle