Moving alarm keypad live?

Looks like it was the green and white wires. Although both seemed in when pulled a little, they mustn't have been in properly. I stripped them back a little and redid them and the keypads seem to be responsive now. Won't tak e them out of engineering mode yet in case it triggers the alarm and wakes the neighbours :)

Thanks again for all your help

Reply to
leenowell

That was why I mentioned taking a photo beforehand!

Look inside the panel at which of white/green is connected to the A/B terminals, and use the same way round on the keypads.

Find a spare couple of feet of 4 core cable and just wire one keypad direct to the panel, with a terminating resistor between A/B, if that doesn't work, you've killed something, if it works put one keypad back to original location, if that works put second one back, if something doesn't work, trace the fault by swapping keypads, trying with trailing wires, making sure you have the resistors in the right place (would help if you answered the Q about layout of panel vs keypads)

Reply to
Andy Burns

Which will be no where near where you have put it, possibly not even in the same room. :-)

Reply to
Andrew

It was indeed. Had to move it from bedroom to landing. TBH why we decided t o put it in the bedroom originally is beyond me. Means everyone had to come into the bedroom to turn alarm off before going downstairs! Luckily wire w as long enough after all so no big issue

Reply to
leenowell

No joy... And new error. I have just tried to take it out of engineering mode and now get a missing module "RIO 102" any ideas?

Reply to
leenowell

AUIU (and it may vary for different honeywell panels) RIOs 0xx and 1xx are the onboard zones which are on the internal RS485 bus that you keypads chain onto, so I'd still be looking at your green/white wires for bad connections, shorts, missing resistors, etc ...

Try option 72 for autodetect modules, or option 57 15 1 to restart the panel?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Those 2 wires will be the death of me :). My system doesn't go as far as 70's on the menu only 60's. Also 57 is system print. I believe I have a Galaxy 2 series if that helps. Will try googling for the menu settings.

Reply to
leenowell

Andy - just want to say a huge thank you for all your help. I did a restart and it now seems to be working :)

The menu on mine isn't very intuitive. I found a diagnostic (61) and the keypads (option 1) showed 100% Comms but the RIO (option 2) 0%. Restart curiously was in 51 (parameters) and then option 17.

Anyway keypad now in new location and the restart seems to have done the trick.

Thanks once again

Lee.

Reply to
leenowell

[sorry can't quote your reply]

OK, I'm going by the installer manual for mine which is a galaxy flex, a bit more modular, so I guess the options are different.

Do you have the galaxy2 installer manual? Maybe it doesn't have an autodetect option if it has fixed modules, but I'd expect a restart somewhere ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Not sure if you have seen my previous reply but the restart was in the parameters setting menu (bit odd!). So ultimately it was 51 17.

Yes found the manual online in the end

Thanks again for all your help

Reply to
leenowell

Thunderbird f***ed up retrieving your message body, so I had to look at it via google groups and couldn't reply directly, glad it's sorted ...

Reply to
Andy Burns