Mounting an LCD computer monitor

try and find a 32x9 monitor

Reply to
charles

For video editing I can see two (or more) monitors would be useful.

But what else?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Any kind of pro-level CAD work for starters.

Reply to
Albert Zweistein

Most of the GIS staff at work (HE lecturers) now have dual monitors. I'm told that you have to try it to understand the benefits.

I think the principle is that you do your work on one monitor (document, graph, map, video, picture), and all the faffing about (research, floating toolbars, help screens, file manager) on another.

Reply to
RJH

Bingo! Using Bentley Microstation for instance it's common to see operators with a dual monitor setup having one screen completely full of tools ...bit like some political parties I could think of.

Reply to
Albert Zweistein

You can have virtual screens on windows as well (its standard on 10)...

However virtual screens, nice as they are, are no match for physical ones.

Sometimes...

Reply to
John Rumm

Loads of things... software development for one - target application on one screen, debugger, editor etc on another.

Creative writing, editor one one, reference materials on others.

As someone said to Terry Pratchett once: "Why do you have 6 monitors?", his answer was "Because I don?t have enough space for eight!"

If you are flight sim nut, then 2 screens is nowhere near enough.

If using a laptop with separate monitor, then keep email etc open on the small screen, and work on the big one.

Reply to
John Rumm