Mould on outside wall

My daughter lives in a 1930's house, she had damp proofing installed on purchasing it. There is a patch of mould in the under stairs storage"room" there is no door just a curtain into the kitchen, it is near the bottom and on the outside wall which has a window. What is the best way of treating it and is there a permanent cure? Not certain if there is an air brick, think so but as I am 50 miles away it is difficult to check.

Reply to
Moonraker

That's probably condensation. Due to lack of insulation and or lack of ventilation to that area and it being next door to kitchen. Rather than improve ventilation. I'd suggest dry lining it with thin insulation and foil backed board.

Think that the whole thing can be bought as a per-made sandwich.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Reply to
Tabby

others have commented on how to stop the condensation. To remove the mold you can wipe with dilute bleach.

Also, don't stack things in contact with the wall - allow the air to circulate.

Robert

Reply to
RobertL

Bleach is very short lived. Better to repaint with paint using an added mould killing agent, such as aspirin or copper.

NT

Reply to
Tabby