most trivial ever on DIY? Aerosol tube.

Cut down on the gassy lager, and be a braver man :-)

Reply to
Adrian C

I never had any problems with "roach coaches" - fresh every day and a high throughput ...

I remember someone posted about water treatment equipment here some years ago, it transpired that he was going to Mombassa - I don't think he realised that people actually live there and survive on a day to day basis

I'm sure that chillis are good for warding off diseases

Reply to
geoff

Then he should get himself down to the centre for tropical diseases and get his bodily fluid checked out (presumably, there are no solids anymore) could be amoebic dysentery or something

prolly the same stuff as NP uses on rotting windowsills

Reply to
geoff

I think you are right. The GP at the local health centre just shakes his head and mumbles on about "Probably something you picked up out there".

It took 2 hours in the morning before the Di-hooria abated enough for him to risk going as far as the Health Centre. His blood pressure was said to be too low to measure in one arm, maybe it was empty.

Derek

Reply to
Derek

Absolutely *no* lager! :-)

Reply to
Rod

I was very happy to eat the street food in Germany, after all, it's European and civilised, and deep fried anything should be sterile.

We were visiting a son who was stationed there.

We all had the same thing to eat and all of us suffered for twenty four hours. It's put me off even trying oliebollen again :-(

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I thought they were Dutch not German?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Maybe she's a bit confused & thinking of Bratwurst.

There's nowt worst than a Bratwurst. ;-)

Derek

Reply to
Derek

In message , Mary Fisher writes

I was in Germany a couple of weeks ago and was brave enough to chance my luck in a restaurant

Unbelievably, I survived and am still alive to tell the tale

Suffice it to say I avoided the bottled water, thinking the pils might be safer

FFS

Reply to
geoff

In message , Derek writes

She normally is

I cracked that one a couple of weeks ago

Reply to
geoff

Apparently Indians only believe that medicine works if it is injected. Several people on the same tour as us had injections, without knowing what they were!

Reply to
Huge

That sounds like you're out to finish her off. ;-)

Reply to
Appelation Controlee

I've never heard of that before, sounds like rubbish to me

I do know that Indians are buggers for popping the odd antibiotic or two when the feel unwell

Reply to
geoff

Can't do that, who'd iron my shirts, keep the fridge full of beer and cook all my meals ?

Reply to
geoff

Raises all sorts of questions about the placebo effect. If we believe the medics who attribute so much to it, pills work just because they are given to a patient. So how can the Indian who doesn't believe avoid the effect if the rest of us can't? (My head hurts. Maybe I need to think about taking a tablet... :-) )

Reply to
Rod

Plenty of replacements at your destination, so I've heard. ;-)

Reply to
Appelation Controlee