Plastic tube for spray oil

I keep losing the little plastic tube which comes with WD-40 and other oils in an aerosol spray.

Where can I buy these separately?

Reply to
Pamela

They're called straws Amazon

or cut your own length
expect you can get them on Ebay.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

10 for a fiver

but it's cheaper to buy a new tin and look after the straw, unless you want that many?

Reply to
Andy Burns

I feel your pain, and now I only buy the cans with the straws attached. Smart straws.

Reply to
GB

At 50p for one plastic straw, that's gouging.

They're only tuppenny-ha'penny plastic things! :(

Reply to
Pamela

Yes, a bigger problem of late is contact cleaner spray which has such a rubbish plastic plunger that it works loose and the contents then come out half on your fingers and half down the tube. Yet another way to make you use too much for a job. If its oil you want, then ignore spray oils, use 3 in one which is in a plastic container and you can then just decant a tiny bit into something and apply it to the right place, any tiny brush will do I find but other ways exist. All WD 40 and its ilk do is use a very short lived lubricant and shove out all the water or gunge and then after a couple of weeks you end up back where you were.

So I wonder is it possible to perhaps superglue the button on the vertical push thing that lets the stuff out so it does not leak around the edges, and why do they not spend the money and make them a bit more substantial and also have a longer entry for the straw so it stays put when you inevitably drop it on the floor? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I'm not sure that every can takes the same diameter of straw.

Reply to
alan_m

Because it is in their interest for you to buy more, stupid.

Reply to
Rod Speed

The simplest way round this is to get a "Smart-spray" can which has a movable straw rather than a removable one:

Jeff Layman

On 11/09/2022 10:12, Jeff Layman wrote: I'm not sure that every can takes the same diameter of straw.

Link should have been:

Jeff Layman