Mortise locks?

Can anyone confirm whether mortise deadlocks, when combined with a latch are made to standard measurements?

The distance between the two spindles (lock to latch) of the one we are trying to replace is approx 57mm.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

There are a few different ones, but I believe that 57mm is one of the standards.

Pretty much all of the lock firms are now owned by Assa Abloy and there is a remarkable similarity between products.....

Reply to
Andy Hall