More scamming cold callers

what normally happens is the git programming the hospital PABX has the option of 'present a single number, present actual callers DDI, or present nothing (default) '

I actually had think about that, but being a commercial company we opted for 'give our main number'

But lots of people never even get asked the question.

And as long as it is not an 'issue' on some 'manaqement' radar, it doesn't get (trivially) fixed.

Same thing happen when email starts getting rejected for 'invalid sender' reasons. people fix it, or bugger off. . Of course the NHS can do what it likes with your money.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher
[Snip]

It prbably depends on how big the organisation is. The caller will ring back and say "you rang me?". With a small organisation a good swichboard operator will be able to make sense of this call, but a big place, it's open to doubt.

I recall in the dim and distant past, tryong to contacta colleague who worked at Alexandrra palace which had a manual exchange. I asked for the extention by number, to be told, "he's having coffee in thecanteen at th moment, shall I page him?" That sort of thing only works with small sites.

Reply to
charles

What worked in Ayrshire?

Have to say, it is the unpredictability of such calls that makes them difficult to manage. Might be many years between calls from a hospital so you might not even have questioned whether they have a presentation number. When they need to get through urgently is too late.

Reply to
polygonum

Hospitals gave up withholding their number.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Mine doesn't, and nor do the other medical teams I deal with.

Reply to
John Williamson

Do you/anyone have a link to any article that reports this? I'd like to show it to some doubters.

Reply to
Mark

Alas no. My wife works in one of the hospitals concerned and it was only something she heard whilst at work.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie