Copper grease for anti-seize lamba sensor

I'm replacing a car O2 (lamba) sensor and wondered about using an anti-seize compond. The ones I see ebayed usually say "contain copper.. etc." so I wonder if a little copper-grease would do the job? I know it must not contaminate the sensor itself. Good idea to use?

Reply to
dave

No, it will migrate down the threads with the heat and contaminate the sensor or the cat. Maybe the sensor thread is already coated, if so it will contain graphite and glass beads. GM had a patent on it

The only manufacturer I was aware of was based in the USA and I can't recall their name at the moment, but in the past you could buy it from at least one vehicle manufacturer in the UK.

Reply to
The Other Mike

How old's the car? ie Are you likely to ever have to replace it again.

IMO, just don't go mad tightening it. Having recently dealt with a load of 17/19mm AF locking nuts on an exhaust system, I was impressed that I could get them undone just without too much bother with just a breaker bar and without nut splitters and gas torches.

Reply to
Scott M

i have a problem with my driver door window rattling, it only just started the other day. i'll ask in there how to cure the problem.

thanks.

--

mhm x v i x i i i

Reply to